Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Monday, February 28, 2011

A Reason to Tarry

Oh, how I long to keep thee warm
With curing words, beseech the storm
Of vile suit, I'd take its mess,
Hold it back till calmed distress.

Had I the means to leave behind
Such heavy thoughts of warming kind,
I'd turn them loose upon your mind,
Stir your soul and heat you'd find,

Skittering across your skin,
Warming from within,
Where love relied on stealth
And took no risk of health,
Turned your face from chance
And fall befell romance.

Then winter, which through wrath of cold,
Dried the earth, where love consoled.
'Twas not enough to twist my path
Nor cause me worry winter's wrath.

Oh, how I long to keep thee warm
With purring words, beseech the storm.
I'd lay me down, confront the pest,
And hold it back till calmed unrest.

Meant it the means cause cold depart,
I'd give to thee my beating heart.

No comments: