Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Friday, February 25, 2011

The Beachy Road


On the beachy road
filled with golden grass,
motion in the wind
and watch your worries pass.
Keeping to the plan
and meeting them at noon,
I never would have tasted
the love I did that June.
Coming to a corner,
walking straight ahead,
listen to the wind
and wade the river bed.
Feeling too alone,
the coldness hits my feet.
I wander out the trees,
into the sun for heat.
Happening upon
an orchard down a hill,
shaded by an apple tree,
a girl with eyes to kill.
A momentary death
of portions of my sum,
I gently raise my hand,
she motions me to come.
Heavy chest and shoulders,
sunlight in my eyes,
swishing through the grass
and face to face, she sighs.
A warm bag of apples
hanging on her arm,
tight, little nose
and lips of wit and charm.
Beginning, my name is,
I stop with nothing more,
holding up her finger she
says let not us bore,
Let’s be closer
Let's be true,
Vague in nothing
We say we do,
Let’s be poets
Writing love,
History till time above.
Longing in my eyes,
I take a closer look.
With my arms around her,
we fold up like a book.
Oh, how the stars would shine,
if stars there would have been,
lighting all the signs
to bring us together again.
Hugging till the fears
lost face in time.
Folding down to sit
and love by pantomime.
Handing me an apple,
she smiles from within.
Laying under a tree,
my world begins to spin.
Ablaze with love I chatter on
about the ways I’ve been.
Across my heart my fingers dabble,
admitting every sin.
Hurting just a little,
I listen to her voice,
a life much more brittle
with pain in every choice.
Forgetting all my friends,
dreaming till at last
sleeping, warm and pleasant,
dreams that go by fast.
Was it in the morning
or later in the day?
I awoke with emptiness,
an orchard filled with gray.
Can’t believe she’s gone,
standing up I see
she left me several apples,
or are they from the tree?

No comments: