Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

You Are Setting the Table

I am no man to stand up
To my feelings, initially disruptive.
I am a man to write it down and wonder.
Your face, in dealing with labor,
Proves beauty to be so rare
In the face of another.
You work, taking my thoughts
By surprise with the innocence
Of strong things, serious eyes,
Pursuits of which I value
More than the infatuation
That is the love of something new.
You are not new, but rather timeless
As sighs beneath sunset or sunrise,
That familiar perfection in the face
Of good dreams, where hours after
You stay under the tide of romances,
Affections, and well-taken chances.
Maybe my overcoming these feelings
By way of bold action is in contradiction
To my nature to crave
That which is out of reach
Or taste that which will destroy me.
I may need help,
For you are setting the table
And I am making much of you.

No comments: