Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Seeing Madness And the Sea

I awoke to myself choking me
the walls as soft as bread
and light from the street

In my step sensitivity sewn
deliberately on my descent
I drew from darkened drawer
to leaves aching at my door

I climbed into a coat
and managed down the street
peering through the window

A foggy trip I know not where
possessed me spill my memory

The ravenous voice of heaven
mumbling into lives before me
mother and child recoil
and fathers with dry hands
soaking in the soil

Crows in trees frozen wings like fruit
chosen to hold on for fear of death
to fall into the air or to suspend where
nothing remains by one's own hand

Two thin men with eyes burning in love
lead me away set sail from bed to bed
and smiled right into the aching at my door

They shook me roared and took me to
a figure tall with lips light blue
crimson nails and smokey hiss

The sky was damp pink
glowing pink long after
the last cast of light did sink
a colorful warning I slept through

One bird flew into suspense
and from below I saw him slide
driven mad straight to the sea
the wind pulled him instantly

No comments: