Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Sunday, August 26, 2012


Seven Ways to Love from Several Distances

Hundreds of hungry acts to
Lead me to you, my darling
Flavor of sweet desire,
Grooming my mind as I sit,
Floating me off as I stand,
Leaving me without an out –
Letters dying to meet you.

Drifting to and from comfort,
My home or stabilized thoughts,
Pressure by flight, track or waves
In caves, clouds or thunder’s roar,
Your voice, like the wind, follows,
Flows and soothes my raging tone,
Packing my life into you.

Prayerfully dwelling on
My hand dripping with blue ink,
Bleeding out past poisons and
Promising pages for you
To soak up fears in your heart,
Take this to your quiet place
And knock with faith upon faith.

Winter standing over me
In the sightless state of doubt,
I lie helplessly, face down;
Carefully and with kindness
You tweeze out of me the thorn –
Radiance in your smile
Warming my extremities.

Aging, thinning of my pride,
Leaves with every fresh shower –
A shaving of youth, to rot
By bad blood or troubled tooth;
Your touch no less hesitant
Or longing eyes less potent
With patience, abounding love.

I fall apart knowing you
Are the catcher of my eye,
The progression of my song,
The fragrance of my day dream,
The stranger in the orchard,
The rest upon my pillow,
The subject of my poem.

Dryness and darkness linger
As mist blinding the mountains,
Laying, praying, pondering
Life, afterlife and the tomb;
Night comes soon, I barely see
How you tuck me in and sigh,
Tear in your eye shed for me.

No comments: