Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Lion-hearted Man and His Summer Moon


A roaring at midnight
For the light I adore
Did nothing but my peace restore.

Darkness deepening signs that curled
Into these lines of yonder world.
Sightless state draws passion from
Sunburnt fashion, what was numb.
Canyons rolling sounds I’ve made
To such astounding everglade,
Where a heart of woes roars from my face,
'Tis soothing hum in such a place.

A region conscious as blackened street
And I slackened above my feet,
Relaxed in unoffending tide,
Your beauty sending light to guide.
(Out, you shone to kindle then.
I hope to dream of hope again.)
Every stand ‘neath mystic moon
Is now cordially bound to June,
When resting means return to thee
And waking streams of poetry.

With her face in my dreams
I am cornered tonight,
Seized by what I bravely invite.

No comments: